The University of Utah
Office of Development


Ways to Give

To help ensure a bright and strong future for the U and its students, you may choose to make a single gift, spread your contributions over a period of time, or choose a deferred giving option. Your gifts are deeply appreciated and we will steward them with care.


Cash, Check, or Money Order

Send a check or money order, or hand-deliver cash, to:

Development Office
The University of Utah
540 Arapeen Drive, Suite 250
Salt Lake City, Utah 84108-1238


Credit Card

You may contribute online or by phone during the business day (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Mountain Time) at (801) 581-3720 or (800) 716-0377. To make a gift online, please click here.


Payroll Deduction

University of Utah employees may make contributions by authorizing payroll deductions. These post-tax deductions will be made each pay period for the number of months specified. To sign up for payroll deduction, please click here or call (801) 581-3720.


Securities (including closely held stock and mutual funds)

For gifts of securities, please notify the Development Office by a letter of intention at the address below outlining the specifics of the gift, area to be supported, and method of transfer. If the stock is held in your brokerage account it often can be transferred directly to a University of Utah account. When the University receives notification, it will promptly contact your banker or broker to arrange disposition of the securities. If your contribution is closely held stock or a mutual fund, please contact the Development Office for information regarding the acceptance process for these types of gifts.

If you hold your own stock certificates, send them, along with a letter of intention, by ordinary first-class mail, without endorsement, assignment, or other notation to:

Development Office
Attention: Kirsten Dorius
The University of Utah
540 Arapeen Drive, Suite 250
Salt Lake City, Utah 84108-1238

Under separate cover, forward by first-class mail a stock power (one for each certificate) endorsed in blank (your signature only, exactly as your name appears on the face of the certificate) and bearing a signature guarantee from a bank officer, along with a copy of the letter of intention and the certificate. Stock power forms are readily available from any bank or brokerage house or from the Development Office.

If you have questions about gifts of securities, please contact Kirsten Dorius at (801) 581-3665 (toll free (800) 716-0377) or


Donor-Advised Funds

A Donor-Advised Fund (DAF) offers the opportunity to create an easy-to-establish, low cost, flexible vehicle for charitable giving as an alternative to direct giving or to creating a private foundation. This is accomplished by first establishing a DAF with an irrevocable donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program. The donor then recommends the allocation of the donated assets to a qualified public charity (such as the University of Utah).

If you have questions about recommending gifts via Donor-Advised Funds, please contact Kirsten Dorius at (801)581-3665 (toll free (800) 716-0377) or

To recommend a gift from a Fidelity Charitable or Schwab Charitable Donor Advised Fund, enter the designation and amount of the gift in the form to the right.










Deferred or Planned Gifts

The University of Utah welcomes your deferred or planned gifts. These gifts may take the form of bequests, charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, property, pooled income funds, charitable lead trusts, retirement plans, life insurance policies, and many more. To learn more about the ways a deferred or planned gift may be made, please click here or contact Karin Hardy, director of Planned Giving, at (801) 585-6220, or


Corporate Matching Gifts

With matching gifts, you may sometimes double or even triple your gift. Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. Type the name of your company below to see if it has a matching gift program. You can learn more about the program here.

Matching Gift and Volunteer Grant information provided by
Powered by Double the Donation

If your company matches, you may be able to access the forms directly through the search. Follow the procedure, and the University of Utah will be happy to assist. Please note that some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses. If you have any questions, please email


Corporate and Foundation Gifts

Corporate and foundation gifts make a critical difference. To learn more about how your company or foundation may be part of this effort, please contact Dhiraj Chand at (801) 585-9847 or


Memorial and Honor Gifts

Honor or remember a friend or loved one with the gift of learning—make a contribution to the University of Utah. The honorees or their families will be notified of your gift to their favorite U program. For further information, please call development services at (801) 581-3720 or (800) 716-0377 or email