COLLEGE OF NURSING
Chief Advancement Officer: Eden Bennett | 801-581-8143 | email@example.com
Director of Alumni Relations and Development: Janzell Tutor | 801-581-8919 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The College of Nursing is an integral part of University of Utah Health and the University of Utah. We are committed to working together to serve the people of Utah and beyond by continually improving the quality of life for individuals and communities. We strive for excellence in education, research, and clinical care, and each mission is vital to our overall success. Diversity and inclusiveness, independent inquiry, and collegiality form the fabric of everyday life for faculty and students.
The College of Nursing has identified the following funding priorities for the Imagine New Heights campaign:
- Students: With growing health care workforce demands, the college’s goal is to provide scholarship support to 50 percent of our students, allowing them to pursue their educations with minimized financial strain.
- Programs: Build a foundation for sustainable leadership of Caring Connections: A Hope and Comfort in Grief Program, which provides therapeutic grief group sessions for 6,000 members of our community each year.
- Simulation: Continue to support our state-of-the-art Simulation Learning Center that provides interactive training for future nurses and doctors, as well as interdisciplinary working health care providers, while also advancing innovations including wearable technology, high-definition manikins, and virtual reality scenarios.
- Research: Provide seed grant funding so young faculty can pursue threshold research and build a foundation for long careers as nursing scientists.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration: Build on the synergy fostered by College of Nursing Research faculty through collaboration with departments throughout the main and health sciences campuses (C-FAHR, the Diabetes and Metabolism Center, the Center on Aging) to address the needs of family caregivers. This includes funding research projects, support staff, and community engagement efforts.