COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
Dean: Peter Trapa | 801-581-6958
Executive Director of Institutional Advancement: Jeff Martin | 801-581-4852 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in July of 1970, the College of Science has become one of the largest colleges within the University of Utah. In addition to offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, and astronomy, we also provide a variety of academic and outreach programs for high school and college students, teachers, alumni, and the general public interested in pursuing science careers or simply enhancing their understanding of the physical sciences. Those who major in departments of the college are encouraged to develop breadth not only in science disciplines but also in areas outside the sciences.
The College of Science has identified the following funding priorities for the Imagine New Heights campaign:
- Student Support: Gifts to support undergraduate student scholarships and graduate student fellowships.
- ACCESS Program for Women in Science and Mathematics: Supporting women in STEM
- Science Research Initiative: A new program to escalate the number of undergraduate students in the research lab environment.
- Endowed Chairs: The ultimate gift to support our most outstanding faculty members.
- Applied Sciences Building Campaign: The proposed new home for the Department of Physics & Astronomy.