COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE
Dean: Cynthia Berg | (801) 581-8620 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Development: Rob Hunsaker | (801) 585-9200 | email@example.com
The College of Social and Behavioral Science's (CSBS) mission is to advance and instill in students an interdisciplinary approach to addressing critical challenges to the social and natural world. We bring disciplines together to create solutions for challenges such as health care, climate change, immigration, income inequality, and much more through innovative teaching, cutting-edge research, and a commitment to our local and global communities.
The College of Social and Behavioral Science has identified the following funding priorities for the Imagine New Heights campaign:
- Scholarship support to train undergraduate and graduate students in an interdisciplinary approach to the 21st century's biggest challenges.
- Scholarships for Solutions Scholars, a two-year cohort program that combines interdisciplinary training, research, and internship experience.
- Stipends for our CSBS Internship program that provides career-relevant opportunities for our students in nonprofits and businesses.
- Completion of Carolyn and Kem Gardner Commons, the central campus location for interdisciplinary collaboration, filled with classrooms, project rooms, and lab space.
- Program support for NEXUS, an interdisciplinary institute designed to tackle grand challenges across campus.
- Endowed Chair positions to match top faculty with top graduate and undergraduate students trained in our interdisciplinary model.
- Support for veterans through our National Center for Veterans Studies, which conducts life-saving research and provides clinical treatment of veterans with PTSD and suicidal thinking.