Dean: Sylvia Torti | (801) 581-7383 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Advancement Officer: Kate Throneburg | (801) 213-0955 | email@example.com |
At the Honors College, dedicated teachers and motivated learners collaborate to build an innovative educational environment where everyone is challenged to think, ask questions, take risks, and explore the full scope of the world around them. The work is demanding, and the standards are high, but here, students acquire the intellectual tools that will enrich their lives and enable them to thrive in a rapidly changing global community. The Honors College is designed for students who choose to complete a demanding undergraduate curriculum that includes both depth and breadth of study. Students graduating with an Honors Degree will demonstrate distinction in their majors as evidenced by coursework and a research thesis or capstone project. In addition, they will be able to situate their discipline within a larger university context, including a sophisticated understanding and articulation of how their discipline relates to other fields, both presently and in the past.
The Honors College has identified the following funding priorities for the Imagine New Heights campaign:
- Build support to fund Honors students’ junior and senior years and to support more Honors students living on campus and participating in Living Learning Communities.
- Support academic travel through field schools and study abroad.
- Work to develop diversity- and need-based scholarships to guarantee access to a more inclusive and diverse population of students
- Secure funding to support undergraduate research and thesis/capstone projects.
- Strengthen support for Praxis Labs and Scholars Groups, which allow students to engage in issues and with a variety of constituents in their broader community.
- Increase annual giving by Honors alumni.