Pioneer Theatre Company’s mission is to create a theatrical experience of the highest professional standards, producing an eclectic mix of classic, contemporary, and world premiere theatre that challenges, educates, and entertains.
Pioneer Theatre has identified the following funding priorities for the Imagine New Heights campaign:
- To grow our endowments in support of the theatre’s mission and goals. Future theatregoers will be guaranteed professional, high-quality productions when resources are put toward endowed funds. Having a healthy endowment means our options for storytelling are unlimited and artistic decisions can be guided by mission and service to the community.
- To bring Pioneer Theatre Company to the forefront of play development, including the exploration of new musical creation. PTC aspires to be a pioneer in the truest sense of the word by fostering the development of new works for the American theatre, producing newly released Broadway plays and regional premieres, and co-producing with other respected regional theatres.
- To create a shared performing space of 400 seats for Pioneer Theatre Company and the University of Utah’s Department of Theatre. The venue will provide a much-needed intimate theatre for PTC’s contemporary and new plays and a primary performing space to accommodate the department’s growing programs.
- To deepen our relationship with the Department of Theatre and the College of Fine Arts through experiential opportunities for students including internships, employment, and performance.
- To enhance the liberal arts education of university students and enrich their college experience by exposing them to professional theatre. As a professional theatre in residence at the University of Utah, PTC believes it holds a responsibility to make available free and deeply discounted tickets to university students and encourage theatregoing.
- To expand community outreach programming and serve new audiences, young and old alike. The arts generate a range of benefits for people and society, from providing entertainment and enlightenment to helping communities build stronger social bonds.