WOMEN'S RESOURCE CENTER
Director: Debra Daniels
Associate Director, Development Officer: Kim Hall | (801) 581-8030 | email@example.com
Now is the time to invest in women in the workplace, in education, and in the community! For almost 50 years the Women’s Resource Center (WRC) has been serving women on campus by providing resources and championing them at the University of Utah. The WRC serves as the central resource for educational and support services for women. Through scholarships, counseling, and holistic support, the WRC empowers and uplifts women of the U. Your contribution toward $1.5 million ensures that the WRC will support students for another 50 years and beyond.
The Women's Resource Center has identified the following funding priorities for the Imagine New Heights campaign:
- Tuition Scholarships: Further students' pursuit of higher education by offering tuition scholarships. Last year, the WRC awarded more than $240,000 to 135 students.
- Counseling Training Program and Services for the Mental Health & Well-being of Students : Promote the well-being of students at the University of Utah. $250 helps subsidize the cost of three counseling sessions.
- Emergency Fund: Enable students to overcome financial barriers that hinder graduation. Research shows that students drop out due to a deficit of $500.
- Childcare Scholarships: Alleviate the stress of affording quality childcare for our students who are caregivers. $1,000 can pay for one month of infant care.
- Build an Enrichment Fund: Advance the careers of students by providing access to professional development opportunities. $2,500 could pay the conference fees for five students.
- Develop a Sustainer Network: Support the ongoing work of the WRC through monthly donations. Sustained giving is available through credit card donations or payroll deductions.